Monday, 21 October 2013

Purpose, work and the non rad dad

This coming new year heralds the start of something that hadn't even crossed my mind till we started down the road of having a family...

That I would become a stay at home dad!

At the time of writing we have 2 and 1/2 months to go till the work apocalypse hits us.

I have to say that I am excited and feeling rather challenged by the prospect. I don't know how many stay at home dads there are, i suspect there are many many of them, a vast tide of caring folk.

I haven't blogged in a long  time so will try and make this blog interesting.

There seems to be a few dads out there who blog and write about it and I wonder if i fit into a particular pigeon hole?
The are many who want to be rad dads, alternative dads, dads that are keen having a meaningful political point to their child's life.

On reflection I am not sure I am any of these, boxes after all, are for keeping things in not for living in.
I have no interested in being a cool dad, a hip dad or my child's best friend dad.

Don't get me wrong, if you have a particular passion to raise your child with a certain style, theme or angle then go for it. I am for you being the best dad you can be in whatever way makes sense to you.

I just want to love my kid with as much love as i can channel through this feeble and broken heart of mine and let him know that i am for him even if making the right choices for him means we fall out.

Also this blog will contain other interests other mine, namely gardening, bonsai, pets, walking, creativity, woodwork, music, reading and photography.

The photo is the Wonder Boy  (aged 6-1/2 months) and I after an early morning photography trip to a local wildlife reserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment